Saturday 30 March 2013

WHAT COULD IT BE?


Let's listen to some real fun part of the english language now:

“My home is not quiet but I am not loud.
The lord has meant us to journey together.
 I am faster than he and sometimes stronger.
 But he keeps on going for longer.
Sometimes I rest but he runs on.
 For as long as I am alive I live in him.
If we part from one another it is I who will die.”

                   Honestly, I thought it was some poem written referring  to a wife.
The 1st  line implying quarrelsome family members,
the 2nd  line implying marriage,
3rd line her strength,
4th line her busy working husband and
 the rest telling us about her love and commitment.Actually I read it again and again and could not get even a marginal clue that I am going 2 b wrong.
                    
                 That was a riddle and the answer is A FISH  IN A POND.Since I  let u know d answer , just let me know how many of u were wrong about d riddle  just like me.
                Poet vairamuthu’s lines go like this:”kavithai variyin suvai artham puriyum varai”(roughly translated:til u get the meaning of the poem,u get the taste of the poem). Applies for this riddle too,right? 
  If u r ready for one more Anglo-saxon riddle here it goes:
"I am wonderful help to women,
The hope of something to come. I harm
No citizen except my slayer.
Rooted I stand on a high bed.
I am shaggy below. Sometimes the beautiful
Peasant's daughter, an eager-armed,
Proud woman grabs my body,
Rushes my red skin, holds me hard,
Claims my head. The curly-haired
Woman who catches me fast will feel
Our meeting. Her eye will be wet."

Before finalising yr answer,try 2 google anglo-saxon riddles .  

No comments: